Monday, October 26, 2009

Towards Thee and Thine I Awe, and Awe

I am awed by your majesty.
When Night embraces the black deep,
even fish sleep in the vast bowl beneath.
I see the hand of heavenly artists,
their brush-strokes breath-take,
their color and subtlety.
I awe before thy majesty,
O Night, O Ocean.
I feel strong before thee.
So small and so strong,
for all worlds are my Krishna-
body home!
You are my elder kin!
My brethren.
We are intimate
as mother and child.
Even the streetlights shimmering upon you
is poetry I could never grasp
no matter how hard I reached,
no matter how hard I tried,
for I am to be in awe of thee
and thine, O beloved elder kin,
O beloved elder kin.
You make me home
in the large, large world of worlds.
When all are sleeping,
you cradle me. In your arms,
and in the arms of all the Gods
we are all held, all one,
in that large embrace of kindred.
And even those who have passed on
on onto the other side,
within thy wide, generous arms of love,
my loved one are here through thee,
through thee,
the world, world of worlds,
O earth and air, O night and sea,
towards thee and thine I awe, and awe.
Towards thee and thine I awe,
difficult-to-see deep from above
caressing difficult-to-see deep from below,
ye shroud the world in rest.
Towards thee and thine I awe, and awe,
towards thee and thine I awe.
I feel a privileged VIP assigned a backstage pass
in the greatest secret show that is,
for towards thee and thine I awe, and awe,
towards thee and thine I awe,
O beloved elder kin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home