Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Sigrblot

I just did a Sigrblot to thank the Holy Powers for this victory they have yielded us. A power of wholemaking is moving through this land, making way for healing, and growth, and change.

I don't think I understood the entire idea of a Sigrblot until now. I don't think I ever understood Wunjo until right now. I don't think I knew what the big deal about victory was.

I think that's the case because in my life-time, at a national level, there really haven't been any victories worth celebrating. Nothing like this.

I am of the generation that came after JFK and MLK had been destroyed.

But today, both Martin Luther King, Jr., and Gene Roddenberry, two of our most important prophets in the land, are happy. A great divide has been crossed. I pray that we shall live up to its potential. I pray that our own deeds may prove as great as this moment in time.

I am ecstatic beyond belief. I think I actually believe in the future again. I actually believe there is hope.

And for that, I am very, very grateful to our Gods who reward Noble, Honorable Struggle eventually with Hope. Great Heill have we been given. May we use it and invest it for our future, and the future of our children, that King and Roddenberry's visions may become a reality. That "IDIC", as the Vulcans call it, Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations may become the scintillating reality behind a program of unity-in-diversity.

I looked at Delling's first rays this morning, and felt that a new day was dawning for our people, and the world, and it felt good.

Thank the Gods!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great way to celebrate. Good on you.

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home