Wednesday, November 05, 2008

More Thoughts on Victory

I have learned that when it comes to victory, we have a right to revel in it, to take it in, to savor it, to let it nourish us. We have a duty to let its heill recharge our batteries, wash out the diminishments of our defeats, and to bring healing to our hearts that we may be strengthened to face the further challenges that life inevitably brings

Let victory nourish you. Let it fill your being and allow you to dance again. And then dance, with joy! Dance with joy!

And when victory has filled your being, let its strength build you up and fortify you, so that you may be strong to face the future.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Consider it done. But I will be able to celebrate better when the hoped-for economic benefits finally come my way.
By the way, I really appreciate what [I think] you wrote some time back, a critique of the Traditionalists, or radical traditionalists, or whatever they call themselves. Just when was that? [All right, I'll check the archives...]

6:03 AM  
Blogger SiegfriedGoodfellow said...

Truly, a king is appreciated when the harvests are good! Economic prosperity, justice, and kingship have always been linked, for good reason. I wish you Heill in receiving the hoped-for economic benefits. In fact, I put that out there for all : peace and good seasons.

And I'm glad you enjoyed "Renewal, Reception, and Tradition" (Tuesday, December 18, 2007). Tradition has to be something LIVING, not mere conformity. It's a living dialogue and dance with the ancestors and their heirloom forms, not a straitjacket handed down from ancestor to ancestor to bind us!

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home