Friday, September 21, 2007

Worship as Welcome

Worship as Welcome. Welcoming the Gods into your life. Doing the work-ship to activate their forces in your life, your everyday life. Not presuming that simply bowing one's head to them and uttering something nice, or begging, will bring favor, but rather that one must do something that activates their power in your life. You honor the gods not just with your words, but more importantly with your deeds. Say to the gods "You are welcome to come into my life and do your wondrous work. I remove the obstacles I have placed before you. I pull down the barriers I have erected against you. I will let you come in, be an honored guest in my life, give me good rede, for I will let your energy permeate me and my actions."

Worship is a time to reflect on which of the gods have been missing from our lives, and correcting the imbalance. The gods as a community represent the wholeness of energies, and as their students, we are to learn their cycle, and how they circulate energies. When we fall out of line with the wholeness of this circuit, and the elegance of these circulations, things tend to go poorly for us in our lives. Fixation in a world of cycles can only spell trouble.

The ultimate goal is to reach a point of flow where you are living the gods and they are living you, such that formal worship as such becomes almost superfluous, for their energies are so much a part of who you are that living itself becomes worship, and the full activation of one's capacities, powers, and gifts becomes one's sacrifice.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work with this blog. Keep it up!

8:34 AM  
Blogger SiegfriedGoodfellow said...

Thank you! Will do! Keep coming by from time to time. There will be more.

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home